COVID-19 update 16th March 2020
As a provider of community services, including services to vulnerable members of our community, the team at Spectrum recognise the important role we play in keeping ourselves and our clients safe. Spectrum continues to monitor the status of COVID-19, including the information and directives from the Australian Government.
Spectrum is well prepared and we continue to follow the advice from the Government. Our priority remains the wellbeing of clients, their families, the community, Spectrum staff and volunteers.
For the most up to date information and advice on COVID-19 please visit the DHHS Victoria website page at: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
This page is updated daily and will provide you with the most recent information.
At this stage our priority is on continuing to provide services to our clients with a heightened focus on safety and infection control protocols. At our various locations we are increasing cleaning regimes and sourcing supplies of the necessary hygiene products and personal protective equipment. Our team are well prepared to continue to support our clients.
- As you will all be aware the Government has imposed a requirement for all people coming to Australia to self-isolate, effective from midnight last night. This includes new clients of the Humanitarian Support Program (HSP) arriving in Australia from today onwards. Processes are in place to ensure you receive the necessary support while in isolation.
- For all existing clients the Spectrum team will continue to be available to provide services and are well equipped to practice good hygiene and infection control protocols to minimise risk.
- Our social support and other group activities will continue with careful screening of clients and infection control precautions as per government guidelines. If you have recently travelled overseas or feel unwell we ask that you stay home.
Please rest assured, the ongoing goal of any containment process is to protect the most vulnerable members of our society by preventing a disease from being spread. This morning the Premier, Daniel Andrews declared a state of emergency in Victoria and over the weekend the Federal Government introduced new travel restrictions and social distancing measures, including:
- As of midnight 15 March 2020, any person arriving in Australia from overseas must self-isolate for 14 days.
- Any travellers returning from any country outside Australia should now be considered at risk.
- Self-assessment guidelines are available for the public together with guidelines for healthcare and residential care workers on the Coronavirus section on the DHHS website: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
- Health authorities have advised that all non-essential, organised gatherings of 500 or more people should be cancelled from Monday 16 March 2020.
Should you have any concerns or queries about how Spectrum is prepared, please don’t hesitate to contact our team by calling 1300 735 653 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org we’re always here to help.