Join the Spectrum team as a Support Worker
Being a Support Worker is a really rewarding role!
When you join our Aged Care Support Worker Team, you will make a real difference to the wellbeing of elderly clients.
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping elderly people to live with dignity in their own homes. The types of assistance you will provide will vary depending on the client’s needs.
Tasks may include supporting the client with:
- personal care such as bathing, showering, grooming, dressing/undressing, hair care, shaving (electric only), toileting, changing incontinence pads.
- domestic care such as mopping, vacuuming, dusting, washing of floors and wet areas, changing bed linen, washing/ hanging laundry.
- respite care such as socialisation and leisure activities in and out of client’s home.
To make sure we can take the best care of our clients, we take good care of our staff.
At Spectrum, we offer a supportive workplace and generous benefits, including:
- Flexible hours, regular shifts
- Salary packaging to reduce your tax – which means more money in your pocket
- Travel and break allowances
- Free ongoing training
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (six free confidential counselling sessions)
- Uniform, PPE and equipment provided
- Computer support
- On the job training at your first shift by an experienced support worker
- A supportive, bilingual, friendly team
We currently have vacancies for Support Workers in Melbourne’s northern suburbs.
If you have:
- A Certificate III or IV in Home and Community Care, Aged Care, Individual Support
- A full Victorian Drivers Licence and your own reliable, comprehensive insured car
- Up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations
Apply online today or have a chat to our friendly Multicultural Home Support Services team on 1300 735 653.
“Everyday is a different day working with elderly people”
~Jovanka, Support Worker